If you have been keeping up on current trends, you recognize that many people today are trying to move away from prescription drugs to more natural ways to improve and maintain their health. A huge way that people are trying to accomplish this is through the use of nutraceuticals or dietary supplements. In this way, many of them make the common supplement formulation mistakes when they formulating.
That’s why many discerning business people are developing new supplements and nutraceuticals. However, there are many factors that can contribute to whether or not you succeed in your efforts to formulate and market a new supplement.
Common Supplement Formulation Mistakes To Avoid
Here are some of common supplement formulation mistakes to avoid when trying to bring a new supplement and nutraceutical formulations to market:
1. Hiring unqualified dietary supplement or nutraceutical formulators
Hiring professional supplement formulators is crucial to building a successful supplement. If you do not make sure that your nutraceutical or supplement formulators have the right education, experience, and expertise you can end up with a supplement or nutraceutical formulation that:
- Is not safe – it causes uncomfortable or even dangerous side effects
- Is not effective – your new supplement or nutraceutical formulation just doesn’t do what you claim it will do. This could be because ineffective ingredients were chosen, the ingredients that were chosen are ones that don’t work well together, the dosage amounts are not optimal or all of the above
2. Using the wrong nutraceutical or supplement manufacturer
Some of the things you need to watch out for when choosing a manufacturer for your new supplement formulation are:
- High minimum orders – especially when you are just starting out, and have not yet had the opportunity to become profitable, the last thing you want is to have to place huge orders
- Nutraceutical or supplement manufacturers that use inferior quality ingredients – this can minimize the effectiveness of your new supplement formulation
For hiring the right supplement manufacturer, learn how to find a good supplement manufacturer.
3. Not marketing your product well
The effect of poor marketing really cannot be underestimated. Even if you have put together a nutraceutical or supplement formulation that is fabulous and has potential to be the next big thing, it never will be if nobody knows about it and how great it is. Unless you get a highly-trained medical marketing copywriter you could end up with:
- Sales copy that doesn’t sell – often because the person who wrote the copy did not understand the product well enough to write convincingly about it
- Sales copy that is poorly optimized, ranks low in a Google search, and therefore does not attract visitors to your site
Any one of the things mentioned above can adversely affect the potential success of your foray into the world of nutraceuticals and supplements, and therefore your bottom line. But there is a way to avoid all those pitfalls. Find someone who is knowledgeable and experienced, someone that can take you through all of these steps stress free. That’s what we do here at The Med Writers.
We will formulate a nutraceutical product or supplement for you that is safe and effective, help you to find the best manufacturer for your needs and work with that manufacturer to make sure your nutraceutical or supplement formulation is made as designed, and write highly effective, keyword rich sales copy that will attract visitors to your site and convert those visitors into customers.